Tyson Fury's Brother Unveils Record-Breaking Payday Before High-Stakes Battle with Oleksandr Usyk



Shane Fury, the brother of Tyson Fury, has disclosed that the Gypsy King is poised to receive a record-breaking payday when he faces Oleksandr Usyk in May. The boxing community had anticipated their clash this month, originally scheduled for February 17. However, the bout has been postponed to May 18 due to Fury's severe eye injury sustained during training—an assertion disputed by both Fury's promoter, Frank Warren, and Tyson Fury himself. Shane Fury has dispelled these rumors and confirmed that his brother is on track to secure the most substantial payout of his career.

“There is no narrative about it in my eyes," he told Boxing King Media. "Let me tell you, Tyson’s getting near on triple the amount of his highest payday. So that’s the one reason why you’re not gonna get pulled out. Another reason is we’re too confident of beating Usyk."

"Listen, I believe Usyk is a great fighter and he beats them all. I don’t there’s anyone else who beats him. "But I don’t think he can beat Tyson – I don’t think he can. We was about to see that. I was looking forward to it myself, to watch, and just to see." “But yeah, near on triple his highest payday, super-confident of doing the job, coming back-to-back off a training camp and a fight previously, coming in the ring sharp, coming in the best shape probably in the last, I don’t know however long and everything going well.”

Shane also dismissed speculation that Fury had been knocked down in sparring, affirming that such rumors were inaccurate.

“I can assure you he [Opetaia] never dropped anyone," he said. If he beat Tyson up I would tell you that ‘yeah he’s a very good man and whatever’ – be straight. I wouldn’t be saying anything if Tyson did the same with him – they’re spar stories. A load of rubbish – that obviously never happened, just never happened." "But people will believe exactly what they want to believe. Any little bit of negative, they can get views off them. I suppose it’s the business. These people – if they’re doing 100 videos a month, 85 of them is off Tyson, negativeness.”

Meanwhile, Warren asserts that the showdown between Fury and Usyk is firmly secured, and the match will proceed as scheduled.

“It is locked in, and some of the nonsense that went on over the last few weeks when it got postponed, in my time in boxing, I’ve never heard so many idiots who are involved in boxing coming out with these stupid conspiracy theories," he said. “Tyson has got a genuine cut, he’s walking around with stitches in his eyes. This fight tonight was postponed, the fight last week was also postponed. It’s nothing new.” Fury and Usyk will now fight on May 18. And that's despite George Groves suggesting the 35-year-old 'may never fight again'.



- Vladimir Krull

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boxing Rankings Stir Controversy as Canelo Alvarez Secures Top 5 Pound-for-Pound Spot, Sparking Outcry Among Fans

Hearn: Joshua Dominated Wallin, I'm Confident He'll Repeat the Performance Against Ngannou

Tank Davis Ignites Negotiations with Saudi Arabia, Requests Ferraris as Fuel for Haney Showdown